- Salamu Alaikum,
Are Amoxicillin 500 mag capsules halal. These are capsules and I want to make sure they do not contain any pork items or other animal products. - Walijon
I have no information.
- Salam. I would like to buy Nordic Naturals Fish Oil but found out that rosemary extract as one of the ingredients used. This is their reply - The rosemary is extracted using alcohol. Only minute amounts of rosemary extract is used – less than 0.25% by volume – and the alcohol should evaporate long before the extract is added to the oil. Sorry for sounding retarded but I guess this product is haram then? Thanks. - Fee
This is not a Halal fish oil. You can buy Kosher certified fish oil which is Halal from www.koshervitamins.com the name of the product is Maxi Health Kosher Maxi Omega-3 2000 Fish Oil EPA/DHA or at 1-800-645-1899.
- In that case the juice must be kosher certified and have no flavor. Juice companies mislead consumers by saying 100% juice but those juices may contain flavors, sweetener. That was your reply to question I asked earlier, when you say flavour do you mean alcoholic flavourings and any juice that has been pastuerised is halal? even if it contains preservatives etc? - Auwais
Alcohol is used in flavor for juices because it mixes well and do not produce cloudiness so majority of flavors in juices are not Halal because of alcohol. Nobody say alcoholic flavor. It is the supplier who knows the what solvent was used in flavor for juices. I advice to use those juices which do not have flavor. You can check the list on our website for juices and it will show 36 different Halal juices from various brands.
- 100% juices contain ascorbic acid or vitamin C to provide acidity to stay long but few such as llemon or lime juices contain preservative. Fruit juice if they are 100% with or without ascorbic acid or with or without presevative and no flavor are consiered as Halal. This will be right statement. That is your response to a question i asked earlier. Also is 100% juice without vitamin c also halal? - Auwais
Yes, for example Orange juice from oranges or orange juice made from orange juice concentrate with added water only. 100% apple juice not from concentrate. Orange juice has acidity from itself so it do not need ascorbic acid. All juices are pasteurized to kill bacteria and they have few months shelflife if stored them in refrigerator.
- 100% juices contain ascorbic acid or vitamin C to provide acidity to stay long but few such as llemon or lime juices contain preservative. Fruit juice if they are 100% with or without ascorbic acid or with or without presevative and no flavor are consiered as Halal. This will be right statement. That was your reply to a question i asked before. So how about if a juice is not 100% but it contains preservAtive or ascorbic acid or bitamin c, will these be halal aswell? - Auwais
In that case the juice must be kosher certified and have no flavor. Juice companies mislead consumers by saying 100% juice but those juices may contain flavors, sweetener.
I got your reply about mars chocolate group , the previous question just answered.
I saw the ingredient's label and it has natural vanilla flavors, plus ethyl vanillin as well in the same product.
I have contacted the company several times and they are not replying me back. Does that mean their position is not so clear. Here the laws of the country state so clearly that no alcohol is allowed in products then how can they allow 0.05% alcohol. Very shocking.
Should i abandon mars chocolates out of doubt, as the email sent by them i shared with you was sent to me twice , firstly when i inquired about all of these ingredients and secondly when i asked individually about their vanilla flavors.
I gave you the reply from kraft too. but here i saw on cadbury chocolates written suitable for vegetarians, does that make it halal, i think suitable for vegetarain does not mean it has no alcohol at all in it's flavors, i dont know a lot about kosher symbol but ithink that is about the absence of pork, and still it could'nt be halal as the rennet might have been taken from a halal animal slaughtered haram way. and i thought that kosher symbol never indicates any absence of alcohol.
Please tell me how kosher symbol products can be halal, as well as the suitable vegetarian symbol chocolates as cadbury chocolates here are for veges.
and again i am not receiving any help from mars , should i quite the use? - Anonymous user
Please indicate the coutry where you live but it sounds you live in UK because very few products in USA has Suitable for Vegetarian. You are 100% right Suitable for Vegetarian products can be made with alcohol containg flavors. So suitable for vegetarian label products are Halal only if the the flavor is not the part of ingredients except Vanillin or artificial vanilla flavor. Kosher certified food products are made with alcohol containing flavor, alcohol can used during processing. For your information food products made with alcohol containg flavor has Halal symbol in USA because the Halal certifying organization consider 0.05% alcohol in the food product as Halal. Some Muftis also consider alcohol Halal if it was obtained from other than grape or date. MCG and MCG ulema do not agree with this. Kosher certified food products are Halal only if they meet Halal requirements. In USA if a kosher certified food contains one the following ingredients then it is not consider as Halal because not all kosher certified food products are consider Halal:
(1) Gelatin (2) Kosher Gelatin (3) L-Cysteine made from human hair or chicken or duck feathers (4) Wine (5) Liquor (6) Beer batter (7) Rum flavor (8) Ethyl Alcohol or ethanol as a main ingredient (9) Cochineal or Carmine (10) Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce (11) Brewer’s Yeast Extract from byproduct of beer making (12) Nucleotides (13) Vanilla Extract (14) Wine Vinegar (15) If ethyl alcohol is used as a solvent in natural and artificial flavors (16) Confectionary Glaze or Resinous Glaze (17) Torula Yeast grown on alcohol (18) if Carrageenan is made with ethyl alcohol.
I was extremely concerned about the halal status of chocolates. so i emailed cadbury about their vanilla flavors being alcoholic or not. They refused to disclose their products breakdowns and said that alcohol isnt a part of our chocolates, but if it is a part of an ingredient like vanilla extract,then it will not be mentioned on the chcocolates ingredient's label, and will be in such minute quantity , it will be not mentioned on product. I believe this is very ugly of these people to sell alcohol containing chocolates and then when i pushed for further clarification of their vanilla flavors exactly being alcoholic or not i got no reply ever.
Next is Mars chocolate group. I contacted them. I am a gcc customer. In reply to all my inquiries including vanilla flavors(all types) being alcoholic or not i got this reply that i am sharing with you:
"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Mars products.
In answer to your questions; we can tell you that;
- Chocolates made by Mars and sold in the GCC countries do not contain any animal ingredients other than egg and milk and are fully compliant with the local laws and legislation. They are free from pork, pork products and alcohol.
- Ingredients such as whey, glycerol and gluten are derived from a vegetable origin that is authorized by the Islamic Shariah laws.
We hope that the above information answers your questions but should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on.."
I further pressed them to give me a clarification on their vanilla flavors but i got no reply , the same above reply was repeated. What do you think are they cheating around.
Second i have seen some wrong ulamas giving statements or infusing thoughts in people that such alcohol in flavors is okay as it is in such small amount doesnt intoxicate you. Which is extremely wrong as no matter whatever the quantity be it is haram.
Please tell me in this case should i also avoid mars chocolates like snickers mars , bounty etc
In fact i noticed their chocolates twix and bounty are imported from germany and netherlands, these aren't muslim countries , i wonder if they will ever care about halal ingredients .
What is your suggestion. - Anonymous user
The problem is with GCC govt. some them allow a maximum of 0.05% alcohol in the food products. If Mars's snicker, twix contains artificial flavor the I suggest you tonask whether this artificial is actually Vanillin. If they say yes then there is no alcohol in artificial flavor. Germany, Netherland do not have Halal or Kosher symbol carrying food products except UK where they have few kosher certified food products such as Walker's biscuit. If there is a claim suitable for vegetarian then whey will qualify Halal status in Europe. Our ulem have no education, experience in food sciene, they even do not know therer are hidden ingredients are part of the food products. They give silly excues such as the alcohol is evaported during baking, alcohol if obtained other tahn grape or date is Halal. Allah gives them taufiq. Whenever you see vanilla or vanilla flavor it means alcohol is used to extract natural vanillin from vanilla beans, some company evaportae to claim it is alcohol free but still it is not Halal. If alcohol touches any Halal ingredients then they will loose their Halal status according MCG ulema. Only thing Halal under vanilla flavored products is Vanillin but it should be part of the ingredients or some companies like Mars gave artificial flavor name to vanillin to avoid it being a chemical or some thing which consumer do not like it in a food product. If Mars saying the whey is from vegetable sources means that they use microbial rennet enzyme to make cheese and whey is the by product of that cheese. Gluten is always Halal because it is obtained from wheat or corn. Glycerol is mushbooh if it is obtained from vegetable fat then it is Halal but if it obtained from pork fat then it is Haram.
Snicker, Twist, Mily way some M & M candies from Mars are Halal in USA and Canada because they are kosher certified.
Cadbury is owned by Kraft, as per my knowledge being former Kraft employee, Cadbury is not Halal in UK unless it has a claim Suitable for Vegetarian.
Vanilla Extract is a Haram ingredient because it contains 35% alcohol. Majority of vanilla flavor, natural and artificial flavors are made with alcohol in Europe and USA.
You can tell the ulma in GCC countries that alcohol carring flavors are added to ice cream after pasteurization and cooling of ice cream so what ever the amount of alcohol in flavors remained as is because those flavors are not expose to any heat. Only non flavored ice cream or ice cream with vanillin are Halal.
- AOA. I know I have seen in the resturant section on taco bell but I just specifically want to know if NACHO CHEESE it self from there is Halal.
JizakAllah Khair - Sohaib
Nacho cheese is not Halal.
- Is Kashi Mountain Medley Granola Cereal halal?
These are the ingredients:
http://www.kashi.com/products/nutrition_info/kashi_granola_mountain_medley - Ifrah Majeed
Please write "Kashi" under search and click food product by brand and click search you will see the list of Kashi products.
Is microbial enzymes halal? What is it? I didn't find this particular ingredient listed in MCG. Microbial enzymes is used in almost every Publix brand cheese and there is no kosher symbol on the packages. Please let me know as soon as possible. Jazakallah Khair.
Assalamualaikum. - A.H
If you write "Enzyme" under search then click ingredients and it listed under Rennet enzyme on our website. Microbial enzymes which includes rennet microbial enzyme and Lypase Microbial enzyme are obtained the cells of yeast and they are Halal.
- is wax for removal hair is halal or hram? - samr
If it is from pork then it is Haram. It has to be from vegetable fat based.
- Are PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil and Phenoxyethanol haram ? And the proteins obtained from silkworm and silk cocoons? - Lilian Mussi
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil and Phenoxyethanol are Halal componds. Any thing from insect is Haram including protein from silkworm. But protein from silk cocoons is Halal because silk fiber is made from silk cocoons. It is not part of insect.
- Is swedish ice cream halal?means the ice cream in sweden named swedish ice cream is halal or not? - Samia
I have no knowledge of any products made outside of USA and Canada.
- Is the "Polyvinyl alcohol " Halal in the multivitamin? - Syed Monzur Ali
Polyvinyl alcohol is a synthetic polymer and Halal but if the vitamins are not kosher certified then muultivitamins will not be Halal.
- AOA is up&up Gentle Baby formula halal in some websites it says its kosher but I wanted to double check with u guyz ,Gizakallah I need to know ASAP . - lucia
Up & UP infant formulas are Target brand and it is Halal only if it has kosher symbol and no Nucleotide in it.
- i whont to ask abaut ingredients produkt in bread e481 e472 e920 - Nezir
It is Halal only if it says "Suitable for Vegetarian" because Fat based e-numbers could be obtained from pork or vegetable fat.
- Is corn starch a halal ingredient in Europe - Anonymous user
- is natural evaporated cane juice halal? - fatima
It is a Halal ingredient.
- Is the ingredients in Jamieson product, such as their vitamins halal. In other words is the gelatin halal or not - Reasa Mohammed
Any product containing gelatin is not Halal except if it says fish gelatin.
- As Salaamu Alaykum wa Ramadan Mubarak,
I have a question regarding a product called Roundy's corn syrup on the front it says "with real vanilla". The ingredients of this product (as seen on the package) are as follows: light corn syrup, water, high fructose corn syrup, vanilla.
I have a question about the Vanilla used. I found it strange that they listed "vanilla" in the ingredients, and not vanillin, or vanilla extract, or even natural flavors. None of these other forms were mentioned on "Vanilla" I have read lots of articles and information about vanilla, and it's different forms from your site and elsewhere and I have never seen mention of just plain "vanilla" as an ingredient. I would like to know if you can shed any light on this situation. Could this be a mistake?
btw, I have benefited very much from your website, thank you for all of your efforts.
Wa Salaam, - Abdus Salaam Anthony
I already answered via e-mail and it is not Halal because they use natural vanilla flavor obtained by using alcohol.
- salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brothers and sister of islam i use johnsons baby lotion and i really wish to know is its halal; i use the "Johnsons shea & cocoa butter soothes dry skin for 24 hours" bottle. Please reply if you whether or not this brand and type of lotion is halal or not for we are in the month of Ramadan and i would like to please Allah SWT in all ways possible with my action that follow. jazakallah khair. - saihou Bojang
Please check mit out at our Non Food Product section.
- Hello;i wanted to know was sensodyne toothpaste made from any animal or pork ingredients.
- Marsielles Robinson
- breyers ice cream (frostee fudge, malt cup) 1. hala or haram? 2. plant source ? or animal source? - mahboob
Although there is no animal derived ingredients because of kosher symbol but natural flavor is made with alcohol. So they are not Halal. These products are not listed on their website
- following are the ingredients of Burt's Bees lip shimmer. Ingredients: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera wax, cire de carnauba), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil (huile de colza), glycine soja (soybean) oil, limonene. +/- (May contain/Peut contenir): CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 75470 (carmine), alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)
is it halal ?? - sarah
Alcohol can be used in rosemary extract, tocopherol could be from pork fat,. So only manuafacturer know the source of them, Please contact manufacturer.
- is glycerin haram if it is in any type of food - ayshah
Glycerin if obtained from vegetable fat then it is Halal but if it is obtained from pork fat then it is Haram.
- Ecover zero tablets:
Complete ingredients list:
Sodium carbonate peroxide
Sodium gluconate - Ecover Zero tablets
The manufacturer is the only one who know the sources of ingredients.
- Dear brother
Assalamu alaikkum wr, i would like to know Hemin(Bovine) is used in HIB injection. it is collect from parcrease of cow. and cow is used pre and post mortem
as per the shariah rule if pancrease is collect from live animals. Is it allowed in islamic shariah rule.
F. Abdul Hannan
09578719129 - Abdul Hannan
Please ask this question to a Islamic scholar.
- salam i was wandering if enzymes are haram because in some chips my family was eating, it had cheeder cheese and in that it has enzymes. If it is haram then why? - Anonymous user
Not all enzymes are Haram. But for cheese snack it must have a kosher symbol, no alcohol in flavor and no yeast extract.
- is the ingredient colour halal ? - Hamdi
Not always, if it is an artificial colour then it requires Halal or kosher symbol on the package. Please check our list of Ingredients.
- is tentitex toothpaste halal or haram
from aldi store - ghafoor nadery
I have no information.
- Is sensodye pronamel toothpaste halal or haram? Because it contain anise alcohol. - yasmin
The molecular formula for Anise alcohol or Methoxybenzyl alcohol is C8H10O2 and ethyl alcohol molecular formula is Ch3Ch2OH which do not match so it is not ethyl alcohol and it is Halal. It is also used in cosmetic but Anise liquor is Haram because alcohol is added to it.
Sensodye do not contain any animal derived ingredients.
- Aoa is carrageenan and malt extract og barley halal ingredients in Europe - Anonymous user
Barley Extract is Halal in Europe but Carrageenan has mushbooh status and if no ethyl alcohol is used during processing then it is Halal.
- Salaams. The additives in the all-purpose flours, specially in the PC and No Name brands, (Niacin, reduced Iron, Thiamine, Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic acid) are animal or plant-based?
Thanks. - Hannah
The enrichment for all type of flour and bakery products are Halal in USA and Canada. They are made with vegetable based source or synthetic source.
- asalamu alaikum,
i was wondering if clancy's chees curls fiery hot chips from aldi are halal, because i know they are the generic brand of cheetos and would like to know if these also aren't halal
jazakulahu khairan - Maamoon Amor
They are not Halal because they do not carry kosher symbol.
- I want to know about the names of monglycerides and diglycerides which are commonly used in tortillas - Dr. Syed Siddiq Alam
Monoglyceride, Mono & Diglyceride, Distilled monoglyceride, ethoxylated mono & diglycerides, distilled mono & diglycerides. They are Halal only if there is a kosher symbol on the package otherwise not.
- Salaams. I would like to know if ciabatta bread is halal. Although the ingredients do not state that it contains alcohol, ciabatta itself is made from fermented dough. It is still permissable to consume? Please let me know ASAP!! JK - Fatima Hussain
It is made with sour dough starter to give the flavor. I would not recommend it.
- is resveratrol used in nuvoryn is halal
or in other word( is nuvoryn halal)
jazaka Allah U xairan - D.Ali
Resveratrol is Halal phenol chemical obtained from plants but I do not know the other ingredients of Nuvoryn.
- Assalamu alaikum, i love baking, I use colours from suger flair uk, some concentrated paste include a ingredient called glycarine, want to know if these concentratied sugar flair pastes are halal, jazakallahairan - Shayma
Glycerin is Halal only if obtained from vegetable fat and Haram if obtained from pork fat.
- I just bought a pack of Evening Primrose Oil Capsules which is a dietary food supplement. I saw that one of the ingredients used for the capsule shell is gelatin from animal origin. Will it be haraam for me to consume this capsule? - Sakha
If gelatin from pork then it is Haram. Please do not use it and go to www.koshervitamins.com for Halal supplement.
Can you please guide as to how to phrase our questions to various companies, when emailing them to ask about alcohol use in extraction of Carrageenan? - Anonymous user
" Dear Sir or Madam,
Due to my religious dietary requirements, I appreciate if you could find out from your Carrageenan suppliers whether they use ethyl alcohol during the precipitation method of Carrageenan because your ice cream, ice cream bars, fudge bars, heavy whipping cream contain carrageenan. Can you please assure me that the carrageenan used in your product is not Lambda type of Carrageenan where Ethyl Alcohol is used during processing of Carrageenan."
- which provolone cheese is halal - qandeel
Any koseher certified Provolne cheese is Halal and it is available only in kosher stores.
- Can somone please confirm if IMPERIAL MARGARINE is halal ??? I heard that the Vitamine D is prepared from Animal source... - asrar
Can you please search them before writing the question because it is already on our websiet if you can write Margarine search category or Imperial search brand. It is Halal.
- Please can you tell me ifI olay face moisturiser contains any pork or animal derived ingredients and secondly I bought a cream called garnier bb cream can you find out for me if the cream is halal. Thank you very much for your time. - Saira
Olay is made with pork and Garnier said they do not use pork or beef fat.
- is GNC dietary supplement, the Evening Primrose oil 500 halal?
thank you so much - anti
GNC products are not kosher certified, so they are not halal.
- Aslaamualaikum wa Rahmatullah.
The following e-liquid has the these ingredients,
Are any of them haraam or need further information of their source?
Jazakalalh khairun - Abdullah
The source of all these ingredients is known only to manufacturer nobdy else know about it.
- Is gelatin haram . waht is gelatin - mateen ahmad
All gelatin except fish gelatin are Haram according MCG criteria. Gelatin is a protein from animal and fish which functions as gelling agent. No gelatin can be found in plants.
- I saw that snickers ice cream bars are listed as halah. However, one ingredient is corn syrup. Corn syrup to the best of my knowledge has vanilla extract as an ingredient. So what is your opinion on this? Corn syrup halah or not halah? Products with corn syrup halah or not halah? - Patricia Al Rubaii
Snicker Ice cream bars are now listed as Mushbooh because of Carrageenan which may be made with ethyl alcohol. I already send them the e-mail to let me know whether the Carrageenan is made with ethyl alcohol or not. There is no Vanilla extract in it but it has vanillin which is listed as artificial flavor. Corn syrup is made from 100% cornstarch by hydrolyzing it with acid. There is no vanilla extract in corn syrup. Karo brand of corn syrup in supermarklets are not 100% corn syrup but made with flavor and other ingredients. The corn syrup written under ingredients statement of any product is 100% corn syrup.
- Im trying to look for this ingredient called microbical enzymes that is contained in cheese and wether its harram or not??? - almas
It is Halal but that is not thing decid the Halal status of cheese:
CHEESES AND ITS HALAL STATUS
The following things have to be Halal in order for a cheese to be considered Halal: 1. Ingredients used to make the Mother Starter Culture growth Media ((if whey used, it has to be made from non animal rennet, Lactose is also from non animal rennet, yeast extract has to be from baker’s yeast). 2. Ingredients used to make the Bulk Starter Culture growth Media ((if whey used, it has to be made from non animal rennet, Lactose is also from non animal rennet, yeast extract has to be from baker’s yeast). 3. Starter Bacterial culture are Halal if they obtained from milk source and not from meat source, usually in practice they obtained from milk. 4. Milk Coagulating Enzyme, such as Microbial rennet used to coagulate milk or Rennet obtained from Zabiha slaughtered calves 5. Fat Hydrolyzing Enzyme, such as Microbial Lipases 6. Dairy ingredients such as Non Fat dry milk solid or cream or dry milk added 7. Artificial color such as artificial blue or green color is added to neutralize natural yellow color in curd for Asiago or Blue cheese 8. Media to grow mold Penicillium roquefortti providing blue color in blue cheese 9. Harmless plant based enzyme is added for curing or flavor development and growth media for biological curing agent used on the surface of Brick cheese 10. Flavoring, hydrolyzed lactose, whey for cold packed cheese food, gelatin(if it is used then it is not Halal) is allowed in cream cheese but most manufacturer use gums instead of gelatin. 11. Cheese must be Kosher certified(if kosher certification meets Halal requirements) or the starter culture bacteria, rennet, media upon which the culture bacteria grows has to be kosher certified or use of microbial rennet or Lipase or whey is made from using culture bacteria obtained from milk source, microbial rennet or milk is used as a media.
- is gatorade protein shake halaal or haraam? recently i heard that they have alcohol in its ingredients. - Shabir Ahmad
Gatorade has sent me an e-amil that the flavor is made with alcohol.
- I noticed that some chocolates contain the ingredient Vaniliin [an artificial flavor]. Is this halal? - Anonymous
It is a Halal ingredient and has no alcohol.
- salaamualaykum...just wanted to know about the ingredients used in fanta..because i just recently heard that its not halaal? - shaheed
Coke says in their e-mail that their products are not consider alcoholic.
- Is milk whey powder halal?
Is Whey a Halal ingredient?
Muslims think that whey is milk based ingredient, it has to be Halal but answer is no. There are two kinds of whey, one is sweet or rennet whey and other is acid whey. Acid whey is obtained during the making of acid type of cheese such as cottage cheese. Sweet or rennet whey is used more in food products then acid whey. Sweet whey or rennet whey is a by-product of rennet cheese making such as cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese. Whey is a portion of milk remaining after coagulation and removal of curd. Whey is Halal only if the Halal starter culture bacteria, Halal medium on which starter culture bacteria are grown (Starter culture bacteria are Halal if they obtained from milk source not meat source and media on which these starter culture bacteria grown has to be made from Halal ingredients such milk). These requirements can only obtained if the cheese and whey are Halal or Kosher certified (which meet the Islamic dietary requirements). A Halal or Kosher symbol (which meet the Islamic dietary requirements) appears on a food package containing whey indicates that it is manufactured under Halal or Kosher supervision.
- Are maruchan shrimp flavored ramen noodles halal? - Yara Komaiha
They are not Halal and it is mentioned under soup on our website.
- Some Attars are produced in spray format which contains Benzyl alchohol as a an ingredient. Moreover some deodrants also have the same ingredient. Please clarify whether we as muslims could use these products which contains the aforesiad ingredient.Also whether we could perform Salat wearing any Attar or deodrants which contains Benzyl Alchohol - Muhammed Isthiaq Raziq
Benzyl alcohol is a Halal alcohol.
- are sugar alcohols halal? - nabeel akter
Except Erythritol which is a alcohol fermented sugar alcohol and Lactitol which a mushbooh sugar alcohol, all other sugar alcohol are Halal.
- Assalamualikum wa rehmatullah,
please let me know if marine source is halal - olivestar
It depend upon Mzhab, for Hanafi only fish is Halal.
- please let me know if the below ingredient list is halal? Ingredients: Ricinus Communis(Castor)Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera(Candelilla)Wax, Octy
Palmitate(Ethylhexyl Palmitate), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lanolin Oil, Microcrystalline
Wax , Beeswax , Hydrogenated Lanolin, Polybutene , Copernicia Cerifera(Carnauba)Wax,
Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Silica, BHA, Phenoxyethanol , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben,
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492),
Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288),
Red 6 Lake(CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Mica, Polyethylene Terephthalate,
Polyurethane-33, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000). - olivestar
Except Lanolin Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Hydrogented Lanolin, Tittanium Dioxides and Aluminium Powder, nobody can say allother ingredients are Halal or not. Only manufacturer knows the source of rest of the ingredients, so please call the manufacturer.
- Is emusifier 500 ii, 4521, 450 VII halal ? - nausheenn
They are if the there is a claim "Suitable For Vegetarian".
- IS THE INGREDIENT ETHIL-VANILLIN HALAL? - DAUD JBARAH
It is a Halal ingredient and listed under Ingredients section.
- Is wheat malt flour halal in europe - Anonymous user
In USA it is made from barley because wheat do not have Amylase enzyme as barley malt. I do not know about in Europe.
- Puck cream cheese is haram or halal? - umar
If it is a regular and have kosher symbol and no flavor then it is Halal.
- is vanilla essence a halal thing??it has propylene glycol and flavoring essence.... - Anonymous user
If the ingredients are vanillin and propylene glycol only then Halal otherwise not. Some companies evaporate alcohol from natural vanilla flavor and add Halal propylene glycol but still it is not Halal.
- aoa is vanilla powder halal??it is just written vanilla powder - Anonymous user
Alcohol in natural vanilla flavor dehydrated and add maltodextrin to make vanilla powder. So it is not Halal.
- AOA, Is SupHerb Kosher Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000 mg. Essential Fatty Acid 60 Softgels Halal? It Lists Gelatin As An Ingrediant But It Says It's Kosher.
http://www.koshervitamins.com/SupHerb-Kosher-Omega-3-Fish-Oil-1000-mg-Essential-Fatty-Acid-60-Softgels - Sayed Murad
This product is from Isreal where they obtained gelatin from kosher slaughtered cows but this gelatin is not kosher gelatin such as in USA. The problem for kosher meat from cows is that they say prayer on first cow and last one but no prayer said on cows between first and last so it is not consider meat or gelatin from people of the book.
Never buy any softgels medicine or vitamins because they always made with gelatin. Only fish gelatin is Halal in USA/Canada except gelatin in Marshmallow from Pakistan or Malysia is from zabiha cow.
Please write Omega on www.koshervitamins.com's search and get Omega with gelatin and flavor.
- the natural flavor of every mayonnise is made out of aceton?? - Anonymous user
Aceton is solvent used in Oleoresin Black peper which is reported as natural Flavor.
- I was wondering if it is halal but if the product doesn't have that artifical flavors then it would not be Halal i am confused please reply thank you very much - Shahrukh
From our criteria section:
The Halal status is given to a food product on the following basis:
- The food product is made from only pure Halal ingredients with Halal processing aid or hidden ingredients and no natural or artificial flavors (except those in which alcohol was not used as solvent)).
- The Halal food product is not made with pork, pork-by-products, bacon, ham, lard, pig enzymes, any other meat-by-products:
- Gelatin from pork and non zabiha cow
- Kosher Gelatin except fish gelatin
- L-Cysteine made from human hair or chicken or duck feathers
- Beer batter
- Rum flavor
- Ethyl Alcohol as a main ingredient appears on the ingredient list
- Cochineal or Carmine, a red color from insects
- Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- Yeast Extract or Autolyzed Yeast made from brewer�s yeast, a by product of beer making
- Torula Yeast grown on alcohol
- Nucleotides (building block of nucleic acid) are obtained from yeast cells grown on alcohol, used in Infant Milk formulas to help babies build a good immune, digestive system and decreased incident of diarrhea
- Vanilla Extract
- Wine Vinegar
- If ethyl alcohol is used as a solvent in natural or artificial flavors.
- Halal or Genuine Kosher certification was also used as criteria for assigning the Halal status for a food product, which meets the Islamic dietary requirements. Because no Halal certified food products are available throughout USA except few such MCG Halal certified Seneca Foods Onion Chips and few from other organizations. The use of genuine Kosher certified food products as Halal is for temporary period only until the Halal symbol carrying food products are available in supermarkets throughout USA. Not all Kosher certified food products are Halal. The only one is Halal, which meets the Islamic dietary requirements. According to Quran our good & pure foods are Halal for Ahlekitab and their good and pure foods are Halal for us.
- Only hand slaughter Zabiha meat from Halal animals by a Muslim is used as a criteria for MCG defination of Zabiha meat. Machine slaughtering for zabiha meat is not acceptable according to our ulema.
HALAL IF NO ALCOHOL IS USED IN FLAVORS:
The criteria for food products under this category is the same as the Halal category except the food products here are made natural or artificial flavors. The natural and artificial flavors used in these food products may or may not contain alcohol as a solvent but these flavors are not made with animal derived ingredients and they are genuine kosher certified. It is beyond our scope to find each food product in this category, which may or may not be made with alcohol containing flavors. We request our brothers and sisters to call food manufacturers to find out about alcohol in flavors. Ask them whether alcohol was used as a solvent in flavors. The alcohol is a hidden ingredient in flavor. The food companies do not have to mention alcohol in ingredients statement according to FDA food regulations. We may even find the industry to respond to our Islamic dietary needs by using alternate solvents such as Propylene Glycol. Some Islamic scholars would not consider a food product Halal if alcohol or if flavor in which alcohol was used as a solvent even if it was completely evaporated during processing. If alcohol is converted to another chemical then it would be Halal but chemically it will not happen.
The following food products are included in this category:
- The Haram food products that are made with pork-by-product ingredients and wine.
- The food products that are made with kosher gelatin and bear the kosher symbol K but did not meet the Islamic dietary requirements.
- The Haram food products that are made with pork gelatin and bear the kosher symbol K.
- The products made with ingredients derived from non-zabiha meat by- products.
- The products made from fat based ingredients without Halal or kosher certification and with no guarantee they meet the Islamic dietary requirements.
- The products that are made from natural and artificial flavors which are not Halal or Kosher certified with or with out alcohol as a solvent.
- The products that are made with alcoholic fermentation and may contain 2-3 % alcohol such as naturally brewed soy sauce.
- The products that are made with human hair L- Cysteine with or with out kosher certification.
- The products that are made with questionable ingredients and whose source are not verified as Halal.
- The products, which are kosher certified and bear kosher symbol but do not meet the Islamic dietary requirements.
- i saw a Red 40 ingredient which is called Red 40 Lake. I was wondering is this Halal? - Shahrukh
Red 40 & Yellow 5 are chemical dyes, lakes and they are Halal if used as powder or granular forms but if they have to use as liquid then vegetable oil or glycerin is added as a solvent. Glycerin can be made from pork or beef or vegetable fat. Only vegetable fat based glycerin is Halal.
A kosher symbol such as U or K on any food package containing red 40 or yellow 5 indicates that either Red 40 or Yellow 5 is used either as a dry powder or if it is used as in liquid form in the product then vegetable oil or vegetable fat based glycerin was used as a solvent.
- is revital the multi vitamin,which says that it has the capsule shell is made of animal based gelatin product halal? - reema
No, it could be made with pork gelatin. Please search Halal vitamins on our website.
- what are the code for ingredients contents pig oil?
i had read some article's mention about the pig oil code list for food. here the list of the code:
Few more code.. total 59 code. the question is: is it true all those code are pig oil?
Please go to our "E-Number" section on our home page and check out yourself.
Can you please inform me the status of white petrolatum, an active ingredient in personal care products. Is it halal to use? Jazakallah khair. - Ayesha
It is Halal.
- Salaam, I have recently been told about magnesium stearate which is a white powder derived from animal fat that is an ingredient to many medicines including paracetamol. My mother has very bad hayfever and finds that Piriton Tablets are the only ones that take proper affect on her but contain magnesium stearate. Currently she is using Pollenna which seems to be taking no affect.We have also tried finding alternatives but there are none. I am wondering if magnesium stearate can be consumed via medicines in Islam as it is only for medical reasons.
Fatima - Fatima
It is not necessary that Magnesium Stearate is only obtained from animal fat. It is alos obtained from vegetable fat which is a Halal source. First ask your pharmacy to findout source of Magnesium Stearate or go Printon's website and find out the source if it is from animal fat then ask your pharmacy to find out the Haal medicine. If there is no other than ask a Islamic scholar about its used.
- Is stearic acid a substance deriving from the stomach of pigs - JAMEEAH
No, it derived from pork fat or beef fat or vegetable fat. Only vegetable fat based Stearic Acid is Halal.
- as-Salaamu 'alaykum.
In regards to products containing the ingredient 'Fat reduced cocoa powder'.
If the product containing Fat reduced cocoa powder is 'suitable for vegetarians', then is that OK?
If you think not, can you please be specific about why...
and also provide a few details about how 'cocoa powder' is turned into 'Fat reduced cocoa powder'
Thanks - Raz
Cocoa powder is Halal all over the world. If they say suitable for vegetarian then reduction in fat done through vegetarian means and it is Halal.
- Lactase is halal or not?
Inulin is halal or not?
Live Culture? - Mustafa
Lactose is Halal only when it is Halal or kosher certified. Inulin is a Halal fiber. Live cultures are Halal only when they obtained from milk source not meat source.
- asak...is gelatin in equate 100%fiber therapy capsule porcine or shellfish?..is it halal?if not what is substitute for it?.. - mehroosh
Any gelatin except fish gelatin is not Halal in USA/Canada.
- Can you please let me know of the company 'MAC COSMETICS' are beef ingredients and alcohol free? - Amra
I have no information.
- gatsby ultra volume creem halal materials inside - jamalmohamed
I have no information.
i asked you earlier about the ingredient :"flavors" of cadbury, which is not clear on the wrapper for one to tell it is halal or not.
you said if it is from us it's haram from india halal.
Honestly ichecked the packaging and it did'nt clearly tell where it was made. this is weird nowadays on several chocolates they don;t mention that. On cadbury dairy milk it was written the product originates from uk, on cadbury hazelnut nothing as much mentioned, and these products are atleast cadbury hazelnut are sold by cadbury-mena, which is actually kraft's arabia.
Now do you have any clue. - Anonymous user
I know Kraft bought the Cadbury andI have no information about it in UK or India. But suggest you to see a green dot on the package and it should have vanillin not the flavor to be Halal.
- Is Decoria Jellomi halal?
They say Gelatin but not sure what gelatin. - Sarah
It is not Halal because of presence of gelatin, it could be from pork.
I received a bottle of perfume from The Body Shop - Vanilla Eau De Toilette and it contains the foll. ingredients:
1. Alcohol denatured 70%
4. Benzyl Benzoate
6. Hydrogenated Castor Oil
8. Hydroxylsohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxaldehyde
9. Benzyl Salicylate
My question is :
1) If the alcohol is denatured only to 70% ( and not to 100%) as above, is the ingredient still considered pure and halal ?
2) Are the other ingredients halal?
Thank you so much. - Anonymous user
Please call their 800 number ask whether they use animal fat free ingredients or not and alcohol in fragrance because they are the only one who know the sources of ingredients.
- Hi , can you please tell me, on cadbury packaging it has some unclear ingredients, there is written "flavors" with no explanation what flavors , do you what it means and is it halal? - Anonymous user
Is it this product of India or US because Indian Cadbury products are Halal. Cadbury products in USA are not Halal if they do not have kosher symbol. They may use alcohol in flavor.
- Assalamualaikum is alcohol denut haram? - Farzana
- AOA my question is that is Kraft's salad dresssing like balasmatic vinegar halal,it contains monoglyceride not monodiglyceride, and what is balasmatic vinegar.JazakAllah - barera
None of Kraft Sald Dressing is Halal because they are not kosher certified and they add Haram hidden ingredients. MCG do not consider Balasmic vinegar as Halal accordint ist criteria.
- I need to know what's vanillin because on some foods I find vanillin. So can you let me know what's vanillin? - Nahina Akter
Vanillin is a artificial vanilla flavor obtained from wood pulp without alcohol and it is Halal.
Brewer's yeasts have been grown and used as a nutritional supplement for a number of years, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. This supplemental, inactive (dead) yeast provides selenium, chromium, protein, and many B-complex vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7 and B9, but not B12). These brewer's yeast supplements are, according to UMMC, different from baker's, nutritional or torula yeasts and should not be confused with them. Brewer's yeast is sold in many forms, including tablets, powders, liquids and dry flakes.
Read more: Brewer's Yeast Information | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5067957_brewers-yeast-information.html#ixzz1xbYxcEwm - a/salam
If brewer yeast grown on alcohol then it will not be Halal because alcohol migrate inside brewer's yeast cells through memeberane Osmosis and never react with any component inside the cell. Our Ulema said if any Halal thing get in contact with alcohol then it loose its Halal status. If Brewer yeast grown on Halal media then it will be Halal. Most brewer yeast is obtained as by product of beer making because beer industry has no use, they use to dump it in field or used for anumal feed but now they are selling to food industry.
- Assalamu 'Alaylum,
Can you please let me know whether Colgate Total Clean Mint is Halal or not? I've checked on your website, and it said that two products of Colgate use animal fat, and everything is animal content free. But what about alcohol? Can you please let me know if it is safe to use Colgate Total Clean Mint.
Jazakallah - Anonymous user
Colgate will never give the alcohol information because the falvor made by some one else.
- asalam u aliakum in response to my question earlier about carrageenan i wrote to LAND O LAKES and here is their reply:- Thank you for your recent e-mail to LAND O LAKES®. We appreciate your interest in our products. Carrageenan is a naturally occurring thickener derived from red seaweed. It is also known as chondrus extract or Irish moss. Alcohol is not used in the extraction process. We will continue to use only natural and safe ingredients in all of our products. We hope you find this information helpful. We hope this information is helpful. Sincerely, David Valenzuela Consumer Response Representative Ref: N1607774 - mehroosh
Thank you very much for your information. I am also waiting for my response too. It may be same. I asked it in Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Asalamu Alaikum,
Are the Reese Peanut Butter Cups in Canada halal? I contacted the company and got a vague answer -- perhaps you have a better answer?
Also, I've been emailing companies about their chocolates and one company tells me that there is ethyl alcohol in the chocolate bar. Is that halal? Why would it be halal if the answer is yes.
Thank you and Asalamu Alaikum! - DH
Please search it on our sister website www.canadianhalalfoods.com
- Assalamualaikum Brother, You answered in one of the question on JUne 8th to someone that vanillin is a halal product made from wood pulp with use of ethanol. But in many cases if alcohol is used in processing of a certain product, you say it is not halal. Then how do you say that vanillin is halal, when that also uses alcohol in the making. For example, Trader Joe's vanilla flavor which says alcohol free on the product, I think you answered me long time back that they use alcohol in processing of the flavor and then evaporate it, so it is still not halal. Please clarify! Jazakallah Khair, Amin - Amin
Alcohol is not used during the processing of Vanillin a artificial vanilla flavor. But alcohol is used in extracting the natural vanillin which is not as artificial vanillin to make natural vanilla flavor and vanilla extract.
It was typo, I forgot to write "out" on my reply on June 08, 2012. Many people understand that when I wrote Vanillin as Halal I wrote by mistake with rather without. Many brothers and sisters correct my typo mistakes and other mistake by writing respectively not blaming me or demanding for my mistakes. But you are doing this purposely to point out my mistakes when you are getting free knowledge from me. I do not get no money for my services. You have to respect some one who helping you to eat Halal foods not picking up their mistakes. I went today just for you to Trader Joe to find out the Halal status of their Heavy Whipping Cream. Usally I do not research Trader Joe because it is a very small supermarket in Chicago area. I do not think any Muslim takes this kind of pain without any money. I am just doing this hard work for sake of Allah and His Prophet Sayyidina Mohammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallum, for my aqeera, so that Muslims bring only Halal foods to their homes and masjid because Allah has given me this knowledge for benefit of Muslims.
For Trader Joe\'s vanilla flavor without alcohol, many food companies evaporate alcohol and say that it is alcohol free but it is not Halal according our ulema who said whenever any Halal thing touches nagus alcohol it became not Halal.
Trader\'s Joe Heavy Whipping Cream is mushbooh because it contains Carrageenan and Carrageenan may be extracted from seaweeds with alcohol precipitation method. You have to ask Trader Joes to find from their Heavy Whipping Cream supplier whether alcohol is used during extraction. If they get Heavy Whipping Cream from Dean Foods then Carrageenan is not extracted with alcohol but if other companies such as Land O Lakes supply thier brand of heavy whipping cream then they have to find out from them. Mean time it is mushbooh.
Carrageenans are derived from certain seaweed types belonging to the Rhodophyceae family. Carrageenans are extracted from the seaweed by three different types of processing; alcohol precipitation, gel press (KCl precipitation), and Natural-Grade/semi-refined method. There are four general carrageenan types: kappa, iota, lambda and kappa-2 which differ in solubility and gelling properties. Philippines is the largest supplier of carrageenan.
- Is activia yogurt halal? It says kosher gelatin in the ingredients. What does this mean? - Bushra
Any yogurt with kosher gelatin is not Halal because it is made from pork or non zabiha beef. Activia is not Halal it is stated under Yogurt category on our food list.
- Many people say taurine in energy drinks is either HALAL or HARAAM, I believe it is Haraam, my sister bought an energy drink called 'Stimulation Drink' including the ingridient taurine, I told her this drink is HARAAM, I want to find out if I was correct about if it is HARAAM or HALAL? - Muhammad Raihaanunnabi
Taurine is a organic acid 2 aminoethane sulfonic acid. It is Halal only if it is kosher certified. Many Energy drinks are not Halal if they do not carry Kosher symbol like OUD, circle k, Kuf K because amino acids can be obtained from pork protein or no zabiha beef protein or no Halal whey protein where pork rennet enzyme might be used to curd the milk.
can you please let us know in detail the yogurt cultures, bacteria cultures used in yogurt making. is it halal or haram?
Saadullah - Saadullah
Culture and Bacteria for yogurt is same requirements as cheese and whey. Please read the Halal requirements for cheese under ingredients section. Yogurt is Halal only if it has OUD orthodox kosher symbol or circke K or Kuf K. Yogurt with K symbol is not Halal.
- I would like to know what type of gelatin is used in schiff vitamin e 400iu. - Alim Mohammed
May be pork or non zabiha beef and only manufacturer knows the source both pork and beef gelatin are not Halal. Please type "Solgar" under search then click news you will get a list of 24 Halal vitamins availble in Vitamin Shoppe stores in USA. You can buy Halal vitamins at www.koshervitamins.com because vitamins at counter are not Halal and you do not have worried about the source of gelatin.
- salam brother,,, i want to ask, i read ur rules about kosher food..The Kosher Certified food products are not considered Halal if they contain one of the following ingredient (based on MCG Halal criteria):
} (1) Gelatin (2) Kosher Gelatin (3) L-Cysteine made from human hair or chicken or duck feathers (4) Wine (5) Liquor (6) Beer batter (7) Rum flavor (8) Ethyl Alcohol or ethanol as a main ingredient (9) Cochineal or Carmine (10) Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce (11) Brewer’s Yeast Extract from byproduct of beer making (12) Nucleotides (13) Vanilla Extract (14) Wine Vinegar (15) If ethyl alcohol is used as a solvent in natural and artificial flavors (16) Confectionary Glaze or Resinous Glaze (17) Torula Yeast grown on alcohol.
brother it means we cannot take any kosher food which is not mentioned on ur book or website becoz wen ever i tried to buy something which has kosher sign but 99% of food has yeast or artificial or natural flavors.... and they did not mentioned that which yeast they used or did they used alcohol in flavors. i want to confirm that we can not get anything which has kosher symbol but also has yeast or artificial or natural flavors until we mail them n ask about yeast or artificial or natural flavors... plz guide me about this....
ALLAH NEGEHBAN - Anonymous user
When yeast mentioned under ingredients list it means Halal baker yeast. If they use brewer yeast or torula yeast they must mention brewer yeast or torula yeast under ingredients list. Your one issue is solved. Presence or absence of alcohol in natural or artificial is known only to manufacturer and nobody knows about so you have to write to them this way:
" is alcohol used as a solvent in flavor; alcohol is a hidden ingredient of flavor, it will not appear in the ingredients statement. The knowledge of presence or absence of alcohol in flavor is only known to your QA or Technical service department that has access to the specification of flavors, not the customer service. In the specification of flavor, the flavor supplier supposed to write the name of solvent or carrier used in a flavor by law. So please request them to find out from your QA or Technical service department whether alcohol a hidden ingredient in flavor is used as a solvent or not".
- Is the rhino energy drink is halal - Mohamed infas
I have no information.
- Please give Great value nonfat yogurt is halal or not halal? - Sardar
If it has kosher symbol OUD then it is Halal otherwise not.
why is the taco bell tortilla haram? you say its made with non-halal ingredients, but i read the ingredients and didn't see any ingredient that i knew wasn't halal. so can you tell me which ingredients make it not halal - Awaleh
You miss "Dough Conditioner". It could be obtained from pork fat or beef fat or vegetable fat. Taco Bell 's Sour Cream is made with pork gelatin so they do not care adding pork fat based dough conditioner. This is the reason it is listed as not Halal.
- Assalamu Alaikum,
I bought Giant brand Stuffed Manzanilla Olives.Can you please tell me whether it is halal or not? Its ingredients are manzanilla olives, water, minced pimiento (pimiento, sodium alginate, guar gum, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate), salt, lactic acid. Thanks. - Anonymous user
It is a Halal product.
- Asalmulaikum !
brother my concern is we ate pizza from a morocco restuarnt but I am doubtful on cheese..they use Roseli cheese by USA foods..And I am trying to find the ingredients present in the cheese..hope you find the time in helping a sister in islam ..thank you so much ! - shaista farheen
I have no information.
- Jamieson product called Lecithin 1200 mg contains Gelatin, is it halal or haram ? - azhar
It is Haram if the gelatin is from pork and Not Halal if it is from non zabiha beef.